Should I shop at a flea market or a thrift store?
That's a question you may ask yourself when considering how to save money or are lookng to for something out of the ordinary. Here are a few good reasons why the answer is YES.
- Both flea markets and thrift stores carry a variety of second-hand items at bargain prices.
- Merchandise changes fairly regularly. Tip: Make frequent visits with a list of items you need.
- You can find a good deal if you can spend the time to comb through the merchandise.
- Most items are not available in retail or dollar stores.
What's the difference between thrift stores and flea markets?
Most items at a flea market are second-hand, but not always. Jamie's Flea Market is like a thrift store. In addition to second-hand goods, you can find plants, arts & crafts and discount goods.
- Thrift stores tend to weed out the "junk" or items in poor condition.
- If you search carefully at a flea market, you can find a diamond in the rough at a rock bottom price.
- Most flea markets have fresh produce and food vendors.
- A flea market has permanent vendors and vendors who only come for a day.
- Thrift stores keep retail hours and are open 6 or 7 days a week.
- Haggling is rare at thrift stores, and you may feel uncomfortable trying.
- Flea markets are much bigger than most thrift stores and there is ample free parking.
- A flea market has a lot going on - food, drinks, sometimes contests and live music.
- Flea markets are like a fair (without the rides). The whole family can have fun and you can make a day of it.
Over 40 years of great finds and family fun
- Two buildings with over 200 vendors
- Hundreds of outdoor vendors
- Numerous food concessions
Reminder: Jamie's has a no pet policy. Service animals are permitted. Outside vendors who travel are welcome to bring their pets, but they must stay in your booth at all times, be on a leash and cleaned up after.
Free Admission. Free Parking.
We hope to see you at Jamie's today!
Find It At Jamie's
Start your search for items here
S. Amherst Forecast
07/21/2015: My Ohio with Leon Bibb
Click to watch My Ohio with Leon Bibb at Jamie's Flea Market.
Read More »
06/16/2015: Martha Jamie turns 99!!!
Martha Jamie founder of Jamie's ( along with husband Bill) will turn 99 years old on June 27th. The Staff and Vendors of Jamie's Flea Market would like to wish Martha a very HAPPY 99TH BIRTHDAY!!
You won't be let down!
- Amy M.